Saturday, May 9, 2009

Plumes!

I love calligraphy styled art, and plumes happen to be one of my favorites. I ran across some beautiful graphic examples and wanted to share. In my search for some fun tidbits of info on them, I ended up at wikepedia. Kind of like in the 'olden days' when so many words by definition were followed by: "as defined by Webster's."

Plume may refer to:
In fashion:A prominent bird feather often used as an ornament Hackle, an ornamental plume on a uniform headdress.

In music:A song by the The Smashing Pumpkins on their album Pisces Iscariot.

In science:A term used in dentistry to refer to the debris made from use of hand piece during cavity preparation.

I prefer to roll with the in fashion definition, so for your viewing pleasure, alas... plumes!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love these plumes!