Saturday, April 25, 2009

Entertaining the little ones!

So often I am asked, what can we do to entertain the flower girls, or little ones that are a part of the wedding group. It is difficult to seat them with the parents at head tables and if they are young, don't want to be away from especially mom. I had the same dilemma at my own wedding. Luckily all my flower girls were my nieces. So, I did a little kids table with coloring books, and activities to keep them entertained. We gave them cameras to take pictures of everyone, and many things to keep their attention as a group. Table flowers and decor: Heather at Wild Poppy: http://www.wildpoppytexas.com/ Photos courtesy of Shawn Kennedy: http://www.skimages.com/
The head table was actually two rows of very long tables, and made sure that the mom and dads were at the bottom long row of tables as to be near their little ones if need be. It worked out fabulously as a whole. The one issue my brothers (as uncle's and wives) had at the end of the evening, the kids table was riddled with jelly beans! I thought it was cute and bright, but one brother was up all night because 2 of my nieces had been eating the jelly beans all night and got sick from the sugar, the other was annoyed with me because my other 2 nieces were running around the hotel room all night and wouldn't go to bed. But in the end the kids loved it, brother's and wives ok.

So, just as a note, you may want to review more than just the cute, pretty and fun events for the little one's table being full of sugar! But all in all, entertaining the little ones really made not only a great effect, but allowed the parents to enjoy themselves as well.

1 comment:

KB said...

Given all of the materials, resources, fonts, ribbons, crystals and other such delights at your disposal, I commend you for being able to design such stunning works. Your pieces and ideas evoke a dreamlike state - like a fairytale come to life. You are the Michelangelo of your industry! I'll be back...for the inspiration!